1. Admission criteria are laid down by the Government each year. According to the Government criteria the eligible candidates applied in prescribed form obtainable from the office of the Principal North East Medical College Hospital, Sylhet.
2. The college does not impose any restriction as to race, religion, colour or sex.
3. Applicants are advised to submit their application as early as possible for scrutinizing.
4. The completed application should be submitted to office of the Principal North East Medical College Hospital on or before the last date of submission of application.
a. Attested Photostat copies of all mark sheets/Testimonials/Certificates of SSC & HSC Examinations.
b. A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institute in which he/she studied last and a Nationality Certificate from the Chairman of Municipality/Mayor of City Corporation.
c. Six copies of recent passport size photographs.
5. The eligible candidates are allowed to sit for a 1 hour written test (MCQ) of 100 marks. The subjects to be examined are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and General Knowledge. In addition, a percentage of the total marks of SSC and HSC examinations are also taken into account along with the written test. Based on the outcome of all these, students are selected for admission in North East Medical College Hospital on merit basis.
6. The selected candidates will be notified on the college notice Board.
7. Every selected candidate shall be medically examined by the appointed medical officer of college and declared medically fit by the medical officer. A candidate being declared unfit by the medical officer appointed by the principal will be re-examined by the selection board.
8. After final selection for admission the candidate must pay the respective fees within the time prescribed by the principal failing which their name will be struck off from the list of the successful candidate and the resultant vacancies will be filled up by the deserving application from waiting list.
9. Overseas students will apply through their respective foreign ministry with equivalency of the SSC and HSC, after verification of their mark sheets and attested by the foreign ministry of respective country. The photocopy of attested copies of the foreign ministry is not acceptable.
10. Admission Rules & Regulations are changeable from time to time as per order by Govt.
[ Download Form ]