The Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics at North East Medical College is located on the second floor of the Academic building. This department delivers its academic activity for the undergraduate M.B.B.S & B.D.S course as per the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council approved course curriculum. Undergraduate students are emphasized on achieving their basic concept in Pharmacology and its clinical relationships.
- Teaching Pharmacology to M.B.B.S & B.D.S students.
- Conducting Lectures and tutorial classes for M.B.B.S & B.D.S students.
- Conducting practical classes for M.B.B.S & B.D.S students.
- Teacher-Guardian program for M.B.B.S & B.D.S students.
- Integrated teaching practice in the M.B.B.S & B.D.S curriculum.
- Guiding and supporting students for post-graduate courses.
The Department of Pharmacology is provided with a well-equipped laboratory and other auxiliary facilities. The laboratory also has a good collection of medicine samples for demonstration to the students. Also, they are encouraged here to draw observations in relation to concept development during theoretical sessions.