For Bangladeshi Students
The candidate must have passed S.S.C& H.S.C examinations from any one of the
Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Boards of Bangladesh. H.S.C examination must be in premedical group i. e Science with Physics, Chemistry & Biology. They must have obtained at least GPA 8.0 marks in the combined S.S.C & H.S.C (minimum GPA 3.50 marks must have obtained S.S.C & H.S.C) examinations or equivalent qualifications. Minimum GPA 3.50 in Biology in HSC Examination is mandatory. Detailed criteria for selection of candidates are determined from year to year by the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Education & Health Manpower Development) The Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
Duration of the Course
The B.D.S course shall comprise four years of studies followed by one year of compulsory professional practice in the form of rotatory internship. The course will be divided in to four years and will consist of eight terms. Medium of instruction and assessment: English
Financial Information (for Session: 2018-2019)
(Fees Approved by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare)
For Bangladeshi Students
- Admission fees =10,00,000/-
At the time of Admission =10,00,000/-
- Tuition fees per month:
- Pre- clinical(2 years 6 months) =5,000/-(per month)
- Clinical class(2 years 6 months) =6,000/-(per month)
Note: Tuition fees are payable within first 10 days of next month failing which fine of Taka 100.00 per month will be levied. The name of the student will be struck off from the college register if fees remaining unpaid for three months or more. The student will have to seek re-admission on payment of full arrear and re-admission fee of Taka 5,000.00 only.
For Foreign Students
Equivalence of Foreign Degree
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ level) or equivalent examination.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent:
- Minimum GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.0 Minimum GP in biology: 3.5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/O level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘0 level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects) ÷ 5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying grade in each subject individually is “C’: Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) ÷ 3
- Application Form:
Duly filled in application forms in triplicate along with following documents, copy of passport and 6 passport size photographs are to reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka in specified pried.
- All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i. e. the Foreign Ministry of the respective country and respective Bangladesh Missions abroad/Respective Missions based in Dhaka.
- Successful applicants will require producing all academic certificates and mark-sheets/transcripts in original during their admission.
- Application Fee:
Each applicant must attach with his/her application a non-refundable
Demand Draft of US$ 60.00 (Sixty) payable to: “The Director, Medical
Education and HMPD, DGHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Only the applications transmitted through Bangladesh Missions abroad or through the Missions in Dhaka of respective country will be considered for admission.
FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS (SESSION 2018-2019)
- One time development fee = $ 15,000.00
- Admission fee = $ 3,500.00
- Tuition Fee per month:
- a) Pre-clinical class (200 ´ 18 Months) = $ 3,600.00
- b) Clinical class (200 ´ 42 Months) = $ 8,400.00
- Other Fees (One Time) = $ 4,000.00
- Hostel Fees (Five Years) = $ 4,000.00
- Clinical fees = $ 2,000.00
Total (USD) for regular student = $ 40,500.00
(Forty thousand & five hundred US dollar only)
Mode of payment:
- During admission period = $ 15,000.00
- Within 1st week of June 2019 = $ 5,000.00
- Rest $ 20,500 will be paid in 8 (eight) equal installment at the
Rate of $ 2563 after 6 (six) months interval.
Bank Name : Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited
Address : Sylhet Branch, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
Account Name : Northeast Medical College
Account Number : 20501990100489917
Swift Code No : IBBLBDDH104
N.B: After passing final professional MBBS examination, an internee doctor will get BDT 15,000 per month as honorarium from the college.