Pathology is the discipline that involves both basic science and clinical practice. Pathology explains the cause, mechanism and outcome of various diseases by the use of various laboratory investigations and morphologic and molecular techniques. Pathology provides a sound foundation for rational clinical care and therapy. Therefore the knowledge of pathology helps to become a good physician.
The Department of Pathology of North East Medical College is dedicated to give quality education and to provide diagnostic services to the patients attending the IPD and OPD.
The Department of Pathology of NEMCH is located at the 3rd floor of the Academic building. The Department has a well equipped Pathology practical room, a museum and tutorial rooms. A modern laboratory situated on the first floor of the hospital building.
As per new rule (updated 2021) of BMDC, study of pathology will start in 2nd phase, the comprehensive course will continue for two years with 100 hours lecture classes, 100 hours tutorial and 28 hours practical classes. The total teaching hours are 228 hours The course will be evaluated by the 3rd professional examination.
- To teach the 3rd year and 4th year MBBS students as per 2021 curriculum.
- To teach the 2nd year BDS students
- To teach the students of health technology
- To teach students of B.Sc in Nursing.
- To provide the diagnostic laboratory services to the patient attending the IPD and OPD.
- To carry out research and publish the works regularly in medical journals.