The Department of Biochemistry at NEMCH was founded in 1997 and is located at the Centre for Basic Sciences Building.
- Supervising laboratory personnel and ensuring that they follow the standard laboratory procedure to meet national and international regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating with various disciplines of life science in order to ensure good laboratory service.
- Integrated teaching practice in MBBS curriculum.
- Teacher-Guardian Program for MBBS and BDS students.
- Supporting applied research related to biochemical laboratory facilities.
- Guiding and supporting FCPS Dissertations.
- 24x7 emergency laboratory services.