Dr. Avijit Das
Professor Dr. Avijit Das
Dept Of Microbiology
|Degree||Specialization||Institute||Year of Passing|
|M.Phil||Microbiology||Sylhet M.A.G Osmani Medical College||2007|
|MBBS||Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College||2002|
Current Academic Role And Resposibilities
- Dr. Avijit Das teaches MBBS, BDS and BSc in nursing students.
- He is an executive editor of North East Medical Journal.
- He is one of the members of the medical education unit (MEU) of North East Medical College.
- He is an examiner, question setter as well as a moderator of different professional examinations taken by SUST.
- He is an examner of the post- graduation examinations of different disciplines under BSMMU and SUST.
Subject Currently Teaching
|Microbiology||BSC In Nursing||1st Year|
|Title||Subject||Name of Journal||Year|
|Analysis Of Bacteriological Quality Of Water:A Comparison Between Water Supplied In Tertiary Level Hospital And Its Neighboring Restaurants||Osmani Medical Teachers Association Journal (OMTAJ) 2008; 7(1)||2008|
|Isolation Of Fecal Coliforms Particularly E.Coli Form The Water Served In Different Restaurants Neighboring A Medical College Hospital||Osmani Medical Teachers Association Journal (OMTAJ) 2009; 8(1)||2009|
|A Comparative Study On The Safety Of Olopatadine Hydrochloride And Ketotifen Fumarate In Allergic Conjunctivitis||North East Medical Journal 2011;1(1)||2011|
|A Comparative Study On Seroprevalene Of Ig G Antibody To Epstein-Barr Virus In New Entrants And Final Year Students Of Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College||Osmani Medical Teachers Association Journal (OMTAJ) 2011; 10(1)||2011|
|Molecular Characterization OF ESBL-Producing Escherichia Coli Isolated Form Urinary Tract Infections In A District Of Bangladesh||North East Medical Journal 2012;1(2)||2012|
|Psychiatric Morbidity In Non-Ulcer Dyspepsia||Osmani Medical Teachers Association Journal (OMTAJ) 2012; 11(1)||2012|
|Intraoperative Cytological Consultation: A New Way For Rapid Diagnosis||North East Medical Journal 2012;2(2)||2012|
|A Comparative Study Of Depression Between Psoriasis And Acne Patients||North East Medical Journal 2013;3(1)||2013|
|Micro-Penis And Their Response To Hormone Treatment In Children||North East Medical Journal 2013;3(2)||2013|
|Study On Bacteriological Quality Of Water Supplied In Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College And Hospital||North East Medical Journal 2015;5(1)||2015|
|Combined Pap Smear Cytology And Colposcopy In The Diagnosis Of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia And Cancer||North East Medical Journal 2015;5(1)||2015|
|Respiratory Tract Infection-Isolation Of Bacteria And The Susceptibility Pattern Among Patients Attending Northeast Medical College Hospital,Sylhet||North East Medical Journal 2015;5(2)||2015|
|Study on Sero-prevalence of IgG antibody to Epstein-Barr virus in first year MBBS Students of Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College.||North East Medical Journal 2017;7(1)||2017|
|North East Medical College,Sylhet,Bangladesh||Senior Lecturer||Taught MBBS Students||October26,2005 To January 26,2008|
|North East Medical College,Sylhet,Bangladesh||Assistant Professor||Taught MBBS Students||January 27,2008 To July 30,2011|
|North East Medical College,Sylhet,Bangladesh||Associate Professor||Teaching MBBS,BDS And BSc In Nursing Students||July 31.2011-Continue|
Areas Of Interest
- Bacteriology And Immunology
- Completed One Year Research Work On Microbiology Titled “A Comparative Study On Water Supplied In Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospitals And Its Neighboring Resturants” And Submitted a Thesis In Partial Fulfillment Of The Requirements For M.Phill Degree To The Department Of Microbiology,Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College, Under Shahjalal University Of Science And Technology, Sylhet,Bangladesh
- Worked As A Consultant Of Microbiology Of Child Health Research Foundation (CHRF,Sylhet Laboratory) In A Research Project Jointly Conducted By Icddr,b;CHRF:Johns Hopkins University And Seemantik From April 2014 To July 2015
Professional Affiliation & Contribution
Member of Bangladesh Society of Medical Microbiologists.
Dr. Mahim Sultana
MBBS, M Phil
Dr. Md. Faruque Uddin
MBBS, D. Card, MD (Cardiology)
Dr. A. K. Fazlul Haque
Prof. Emeritus Dr. Sufia Rahman
Department of Cardiology
PROF.(DR.) MOHAMMED AFZAL MIAH
PROF.(DR.) SHAHRIAR HUSSAIN CHOWDHURY