Dr. Avijit Das
Professor Dr. Avijit Das
Dept Of Microbiology
|Degree||Specialization||Institute||Year of Passing|
|M.Phil||Microbiology||Sylhet M.A.G Osmani Medical College||2007|
|MBBS||Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College||2002|
Current Academic Role And Resposibilities
- Dr. Avijit Das teaches MBBS, BDS and BSc in nursing students.
- He is an executive editor of North East Medical Journal.
- He is one of the members of the medical education unit (MEU) of North East Medical College.
- He is an examiner, question setter as well as a moderator of different professional examinations taken by SUST.
- He is an examner of the post- graduation examinations of different disciplines under BSMMU and SUST.
Subject Currently Teaching
|Microbiology||BSC In Nursing||1st Year|
|Title||Subject||Name of Journal||Year|
|Analysis Of Bacteriological Quality Of Water:A Comparison Between Water Supplied In Tertiary Level Hospital And Its Neighboring Restaurants||Osmani Medical Teachers Association Journal (OMTAJ) 2008; 7(1)||2008|
|Isolation Of Fecal Coliforms Particularly E.Coli Form The Water Served In Different Restaurants Neighboring A Medical College Hospital||Osmani Medical Teachers Association Journal (OMTAJ) 2009; 8(1)||2009|
|A Comparative Study On The Safety Of Olopatadine Hydrochloride And Ketotifen Fumarate In Allergic Conjunctivitis||North East Medical Journal 2011;1(1)||2011|
|A Comparative Study On Seroprevalene Of Ig G Antibody To Epstein-Barr Virus In New Entrants And Final Year Students Of Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College||Osmani Medical Teachers Association Journal (OMTAJ) 2011; 10(1)||2011|
|Molecular Characterization OF ESBL-Producing Escherichia Coli Isolated Form Urinary Tract Infections In A District Of Bangladesh||North East Medical Journal 2012;1(2)||2012|
|Psychiatric Morbidity In Non-Ulcer Dyspepsia||Osmani Medical Teachers Association Journal (OMTAJ) 2012; 11(1)||2012|
|Intraoperative Cytological Consultation: A New Way For Rapid Diagnosis||North East Medical Journal 2012;2(2)||2012|
|A Comparative Study Of Depression Between Psoriasis And Acne Patients||North East Medical Journal 2013;3(1)||2013|
|Micro-Penis And Their Response To Hormone Treatment In Children||North East Medical Journal 2013;3(2)||2013|
|Study On Bacteriological Quality Of Water Supplied In Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College And Hospital||North East Medical Journal 2015;5(1)||2015|
|Combined Pap Smear Cytology And Colposcopy In The Diagnosis Of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia And Cancer||North East Medical Journal 2015;5(1)||2015|
|Respiratory Tract Infection-Isolation Of Bacteria And The Susceptibility Pattern Among Patients Attending Northeast Medical College Hospital,Sylhet||North East Medical Journal 2015;5(2)||2015|
|Study on Sero-prevalence of IgG antibody to Epstein-Barr virus in first year MBBS Students of Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College.||North East Medical Journal 2017;7(1)||2017|
|North East Medical College,Sylhet,Bangladesh||Senior Lecturer||Taught MBBS Students||October26,2005 To January 26,2008|
|North East Medical College,Sylhet,Bangladesh||Assistant Professor||Taught MBBS Students||January 27,2008 To July 30,2011|
|North East Medical College,Sylhet,Bangladesh||Associate Professor||Teaching MBBS,BDS And BSc In Nursing Students||July 31.2011-Continue|
Areas Of Interest
- Bacteriology And Immunology
- Completed One Year Research Work On Microbiology Titled “A Comparative Study On Water Supplied In Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospitals And Its Neighboring Resturants” And Submitted a Thesis In Partial Fulfillment Of The Requirements For M.Phill Degree To The Department Of Microbiology,Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College, Under Shahjalal University Of Science And Technology, Sylhet,Bangladesh
- Worked As A Consultant Of Microbiology Of Child Health Research Foundation (CHRF,Sylhet Laboratory) In A Research Project Jointly Conducted By Icddr,b;CHRF:Johns Hopkins University And Seemantik From April 2014 To July 2015
Professional Affiliation & Contribution
Member of Bangladesh Society of Medical Microbiologists.
MBBS, M Phil
MBBS, D. Card, MD (Cardiology)
Department of Cardiology